06 Sep 2017

Contargo takes over remaining shares in the joint venture Transbox United

On 1 September 2017, Contargo Waterway Logistics BV took over United Container Transport’s 25 percent share of the joint venture Transbox United. Thus the enterprise now belongs completely to Contargo, as the remaining 75 percent share is held by Transbox, a brand of Contargo Waterway Logistics in the Benelux countries.

“With this step we are additionally strengthening our market position in the area of container transport between, and within, the western seaports”, said Marcel Hulsker, Co-Managing Director of Contargo Waterway Logistics, after signing the takeover agreement. “We also want to further develop our services here, and integrate the activities of Transbox more strongly into the Contargo network, in order to be able to respond even more flexibly to our customers’ requirements.”

Transbox United offers various services in the area of container transport by inland vessels. These services include daily departures between Rotterdam and Antwerp to and from all the big terminals; a three-times-weekly service Rotterdam – Moerdijk and Antwerp – Moerdijk; and connections between the various different terminals within the port, both in Rotterdam and in Antwerp.

Transbox United also offers its customers services to Terneuzen and Wielsbeke in the Netherlands, Genk in Belgium and Valenciennes in France. The product portfolio additionally includes trade in overseas containers. (Photo: Signing the agreement, from l. to r.: Marcel Hulsker, Managing Director Contargo Waterway Logistics, Stefan De Wilde, Managing Director United Container Transport, Cok Vinke, Managing Director Contargo Waterway Logistics)


Copyright © CONTARGO. All Rights Reserved.